Preparation & Presentation Method
- The olive oil samples will be presented to the judges for blind tasting unbranded into blue and/or red glass cups in a random order.
- We store and prepare the olive oil samples according to the COI method.
Judging Process & Scoring Method
- In order to ensure that the evaluation methodology of the olive oil samples is credible, transparent and unbiased, we have introduced two more different levels of blind assessment, apart from the regular tasting. Cross tasting of samples in a second group of judges and repetition of the same sample from the same group of judges that performed the first tasting.
- The Juries have zero prior knowledge of the product’s brand name and/or other sensitive information and the scoring method is been made securely using an online system where each jury send its own score for each assessed product.
- The scoring method is being made securely using an online system where each jury send its own score for each assessed product. A special factor, unique to Berlin Olive Oil awards, is used in all stages of tasting.